Monday, August 8, 2011

Nightly Routine


Every night we have a routine and ritual that we go through prior to settling in for a good nights sleep. This has been going on for years. It used to be right around 9:oo pm he would go to my room, jump on the bed and bark to let me know it was bed time. If I didnt acknowledge him, he would whine/bark and it got louder and louder until I responded or came into the room. Once me and my husband swore he barked "RIGHT NOW"...

Over time this has waned some what but he still claims my bed as his own. WHich he has done since the first day he came into our lives. I know , I know, I know.. I have heard it all already..that he is dominating me and dogs shouldnt sleep in bed with me ect, ect, ect. . My husband worked the graveyard shift for so many years and Brutus gave me a since of security. There were many nights I awoke to find him in a protection stance at the foot of my bed . So I dont care what people say.. I am fine with him claiming the bed as his.. he has earned it.

THe next step in our ritual is that I lotion myself up,from head to toe and he would promptly lick it all off. It feels like a mini dermabrasion sometimes. LOL Many nights I have been awaken due a tickling sensation in my feet only to find that Brutus was busy licking the lotion of my feet and legs. ( NO LOTION OR AREA WILL GO UNLICKED!!!)


The third would be that once I get settled under my covers , he will jump in bed at the head of the bed right next to me and dive under the covers and belly walk his way to the middle or the end of the bed. He never came back out. He likes to be fully covered..snout to tail. I worry that he will suffocate. I try to make a little opening at the foot of covers but he covers it back up. He stays covered up until I wake up or he hears something that will send him to investigate.


In the morning I usually wake with him cleaning my face and inhaling my horrible bad breath. NOW that is true devotion!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment