Thursday, August 11, 2011

Loyalty, Preserverence, and Spirit



In this picture of Brutus in one of many times that he served his "Duty of Sentry" over the Baby Ninnie ( tiny pink and brown object underneath him). One of many times he stood guard over one of his family members.

Yesterday morning started off as a somewhat gloomy day as when I asked Brutus if he wanted to come with me to the garage for his favorite one on one time, he did not want to get up. Brutus Never misses a chance to go in to the garage.(see "Just you and me" post)

However later in the evening he was whining at the front door that he wanted out. So I put the leash on him and figured we would walk out and check the mailbox. The minute I opened the door he was pulling me with with all his might ( on his three good legs)down my walkway, over the drive way and to the side of the house...where a stranger was standing between my house and my neighbors.

Brutus wasted no time in firing off a round of deep barks, growls, snorts and horts all the while leaning and putting full force on his leash. I swear the guy about peed his pants. Just then my neighbor came from his back yard and declared the stranger a friend who was helping with some yard work. Once I was able to calm Brutus down, we headed toward the mail box, but before the stranger could head to the neighbors back yard , Brutus Fired off another round as if to say .. DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM? .. I AM BRUTUS.. PROTECTOR OF MY FAMILY....!!!

Even though Brutus may be in the middle of his battle not to succumb to this horrible cancer and may not be the strong dog he once was ...thankfully today .. he gave his all for the sake and protection of his family.
That my friends is the
"PRESERVERENCE AND SPIRIT" of a true hearted American Pit Bull Terrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment