Friday, October 14, 2011

MOVING FORWARD



While Brutus was sick, I took my bed off its frame and sat it on the ground so that he could reach my bed without to much effort or having to jump up and down which could have caused him to break his leg.

Last night I put my frame to my sleigh bed back together and I washed the sheets and blankets.
I know it is gross that I havent washed my linens for almost month but I wasnt ready to let go off his scent that permiated through out my room.  I washed all his blankets that he had on the side of the bed.  I did however leave one blanket that had his scent unwashed and I placed into a pillow case and made a pillow out of it .  I did not wash "his pillow". I am not ready for that yet.

When it was bed time Ninnie jumped up on the bed and I swear she was laying in a same position that I had a picture of Bru doing .. like smelling the fresh linens and in deep thought. By the time I got the camera , she had moved.  But I was able to get the picture above.  Brutus' teddy bear is on my bed and its funny/peculiar how she has NOT touched it. Ninnie is our household teddy bear destroyer yet his bear goes untouched.  I TRULY BELIEVE THAT A DOGS NOSE -KNOWS

After putting my bed back together and putting on clean linens I started to Vacumn my rug. All of a sudden my heart rate was racing and  there was a ping in my heart. I realized that I no longer have to place sheets and blankets all over the carpeting and if I wanted to I start using carpet fresh. Brutus was highly allergic to both. BIG BIG SIGH..no tears just a deep sigh of sadness...hummmm

Signs of acceptance.

BRUTUS CHEWED MY BED AS A PUPPY

No comments:

Post a Comment