Saturday, October 8, 2011

3 weeks with out Brutus



BRUTUS MEMORIALIZED at Gaspar's Grotto
          



You can shed tears that he is gone,
             Or you can smile because he has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that he'll come back,
            Or you can open your eyes and see all he's left.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see him,
           O
r you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
          Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of

                              yesterday.
You can remember him only that he is gone,
          Or you can cherish his memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your
                            back.            Or you can do what he'd want
smile, open your eyes, live, love and go on

It has now been 3 weeks without our beloved Bru and the tears are less and the smiles are more.
I smile as I am thankful to have had the prevledge to have had him in my life. i smile because I can now get past the full blown self pity crying attacks to see the little things and happy moments and memories that randomly pop in my head. Random memories  like ....when we would be having our silly moments together  I used to call him to me  with my lips in full  airplane propeller mode   BRRRRRRRRRRRRutus ..

The anger over the way we lost him as subsided a little bit. Brutus always provided me with lessons that I needed to learn.  He taught me about this horriable disease and what a true fighter really is . He taught me that sometimes leaving is the kindest and most unselfish thing to do , for yourself and for others.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment