Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year 2012..this time last year..

Brutus sitting on top of couch afraid of fire works


01-01- 20012   12:05pm
My Dear Sweet boy Brutus,

As the New Year of 2012 rings in with great sounds of fireworks , my heart begins to wonder to last year's ringing in of 2011. I remember that this time last year you cowered next to me and was my shadow companion for hours because my big bad pit bull was afraid of all the noises and big bangs.  I would laugh that  I was protecting you/ keeping you calm and not vice versa. But I loved it and  it was something that became an annual event for us and quite frankly I looked forward to .  It was our special moments.

This time last year...losing you was never even a thought in my mind.

As I sit here on the couch and the clock reaches 12:00 midnight , a great sadness has overcome me. This year the house is quiet even though the celebrations outside are in full force. Daddy is at work and I am sitting here on the couch with my blankie, watching a marathon TV show and I am painfully  here with out my shadow partner. I have walked to the fridge numerous time expecting to see your nose pop up between my legs as if you want to hide in the fridge as you always did. I expected my bathroom buddy sitting on my feet as I sat on the toilet. I am expecting to trip over you as I walk back to the couch because you would practically lean into until we got back to the couch and under the covers.

 All the nosie and commotion does not bother Shaft or Ninnie. They do not need me to comfort them, nor are they acting like they care If I am even in the house. (maybe they are feeling the same way)....

01-01-2012  9:30am
When I went to bed last night your handsome serious face was on mind and my last thoughts before I feel asleep was  DAMN!!.. This time last year...losing you was never even a thought in my mind.

This morning I woke with you on my mind ... even though my heart is heavy and I miss you terribly, I smile a bittersweet smile as I am so thankful to have had those special moments mentioned above with you and thankful that I had you in my life.
 .

No comments:

Post a Comment