Tuesday, January 17, 2012

4 months since Brutus Passed away.....





Yesterday was 4 months since my beloved Bru Boy slipped away from me. The pain in my heart is still very raw but it is getting better.  It is getting better because I know that I gave him an awesome home , he was completely &  unconditionally loved for who and what he was  and in the end I did the right thing by him by letting him slip away into peace and away from all the pain he was going through.

Yesterday,  Me and his Sister Ninnie took a long walk in the woods with my one of my closest friends and her handsome boy Maverick.  Maverick  has many of the same traits as Brutus did. Seeing Maverick majestically walk in the woods,  proudly and unapologeticlly showing his  gameness when he heard an animal in the brush. It  made me think of Brutus' strong constitution and zest for life.

Today I  have slight silent tears and not the full on hysterical cries of a few months ago. I now can fondly remember my boy and all the joy he brought into my life.....the sorrow is less and the memories are PURE JOY AND  filled with GRATITUDE......

No comments:

Post a Comment